News & Notes
News Release - Election Day Tips for Tuesday
Supervisor of Elections David H. Stafford today offered Escambia County voters some tips to prepare for Election Day:
- All voters in House District 2 will be eligible to vote in the June 11 election, regardless of party affiliation.
- To find out if you are registered in House District 2, check your voter information card, visit EscambiaVotes.com, or call the elections office at 850-595-3900.
- Confirm the location of your polling place. Voters in precinct 29 will be voting at the Malcolm Yonge Center, 924 East Jackson Street, which they will share with voters of precinct 50. Precinct 31 voters will be voting at the West Florida Public Library, 239 North Spring Street. There will be signs outside the facility to direct voters. Check your voter information card, EscambiaVotes.com, or call 595-3900 for more information on polling locations.
- If you are unsure of your registration status, check EscambiaVotes.com, or call 595-3900
- If you need to update your address, contact us prior to Election Day so you can be directed to your proper polling location
- Photo and signature ID is required for all voters – if you do not present an approved form of ID, you may vote a provisional ballot
- Registration books closed on May 13 – new registrations and party changes for this election may not be made at the polls
- You may not return your voted absentee ballot to your precinct on Election Day – it must be returned to the Elections Office by 7 p.m.
- If you requested an absentee ballot but chose not to return it and wish to vote at your polling place instead, please bring your unvoted ballot with you so it can be cancelled
- Early voting ended Saturday – if you have not yet voted, you must go to your precinct on Election Day
- Busiest times at the polls tend to be 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m., and 4:30 p.m. until the polls close at 7:00 p.m.
For further information, please contact us by phone at (850) 595-3900, e-mail us at [email protected] or visit EscambiaVotes.com.Published on: June 9th, 2013 00:00 - Permalink