News & Notes
News Release- Special Election Closed Primary
SPECIAL ELECTION INFORMATION
Escambia County Supervisor of Elections David Stafford announces important information regarding the special election to fill the current vacancy in House District 2.
- Absentee voting is one of three ways to vote. To request an absentee ballot, visit EscambiaVotes.com, or call the elections office at 850-595-3900. Wednesday, May 8 is the last day to request an absentee ballot be mailed to you for the May 14 primary. You may request an absentee ballot for up to two full election cycles (2016).
- Early voting will be available Saturday, May 4 through Saturday, May 11. Voting hours are 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sunday, and 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Early voters will cast paper ballots through our digital scanners, and may choose any one of three sites:
● Supervisor of Elections Main Office, 213 Palafox Place, Second Floor
● Southwest Branch Library, 12248 Gulf Beach Highway
● Tryon Branch Library, 1200 Langley Avenue
- On Election Day, May 14, the primary will be open only to registered Republicans in Florida House District 2. The general election on June 11 will be open to all voters living in the boundaries of House District 2, regardless of party affiliation. To find out if you live in House District 2, check your blue and white voter information card, visit EscambiaVotes.com, or call the elections office at 850-595-3900.
Florida is a closed primary state, which means in primary elections, you may only participate in the primary of the party in which you are registered. Since only one Democrat qualified, there will be no Democratic primary. The Democratic candidate automatically advances to the June 11 election to face the winner of the Republican primary.
The Escambia County Supervisor of Elections Office has a web page dedicated to the special election. Visit http://www.escambiavotes.com/2013-Special-Election for more information including a map of Florida House District 2, polling locations, early voting sites and hours, and a link to the certified candidatesPublished on: April 24th, 2013 00:00 - Permalink