News & Notes
News Release- Election Day Tips for November 6
Supervisor of Elections David H. Stafford today offered Escambia County voters some tips to prepare for Election Day:
- Confirm the location of your polling place prior to Election Day: check your sample ballot, voter information card, EscambiaVotes.com, or call 595-3900.
- Several precincts and polling places have changed due to redistricting and precinct consolidation, so be sure to know where to vote on Election Day.
- If you are unsure of your registration status, check EscambiaVotes.com, e-mail us at [email protected], or call 595-3900.
- If you need to update your address, contact us prior to Election Day so you can be directed to your proper polling location.
- Photo and signature ID is required for all voters – if you do not present an approved form of ID, you may vote a provisional ballot.
- The ballot for the General Election is a multi-page, multi-sheet ballot, and includes 11 constitutional amendments and a referendum for city voters.
- Be sure to review your sample ballot prior to Election Day in order to familiarize yourself with all of the contests. A sample ballot was mailed to voters, and you can view your sample ballot online at EscambiaVotes.com.
- Voters are encouraged to study and mark their sample ballot and bring it with them to the polls to expedite the voting process.
- Registration books closed on October 9 – new registrations for this election may not be made at the polls.
- You may not return your voted absentee ballot to your precinct on Election Day – it must be returned to the Elections Office by 7 p.m.
- If you requested an absentee ballot but chose not to return it and wish to vote at your polling place instead, please bring your ballot with you so it can be cancelled.
- Early voting ended Saturday – if you have not yet voted or did not request an absentee ballot by October 31, you must go to your designated precinct on Election Day.
- Busiest times at the polls tend to be 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m., during lunch, and 4:30 p.m. until the polls close at 7:00 p.m.
For further information, please contact us by phone at (850) 595-3900, e-mail us at [email protected] or visit EscambiaVotes.com.Published on: November 3rd, 2012 00:00 - Permalink