News & Notes
News Release: Tips for Election Day
Supervisor of Elections David H. Stafford today offered Escambia County voters some tips to prepare for Election Day:
- If you are unsure of your registration status, check EscambiaVotes.com, or call 595-3900
- If you need to update your address, contact us prior to Election Day so you can be directed to your proper polling location
- Confirm the location of your polling place: check your sample ballot, voter information card, EscambiaVotes.com, or call 595-3900
- Photo and signature ID is required for all voters – if you do not present an approved form of ID, you may vote a provisional ballot
- While only registered Republicans may vote in the Presidential Preference Primary contest, all voters may vote on the countywide EDATE referendum
- Registration books closed on January 3 – new registrations and party changes for this election may not be made at the polls
- You may not return your voted absentee ballot to your precinct on Election Day – it must be returned to the Elections Office by 7 p.m.
- Early voting ended Saturday – if you have not yet voted, you must go to your precinct on Election Day
- Busiest times at the polls tend to be 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m., and 4:30 p.m. until the polls close at 7:00 p.m.
For further information, please contact us by phone at (850) 595-3900, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit EscambiaVotes.com.Published on: January 29th, 2012 00:00 - Permalink