News & Notes
News Release- Special Primary Election Day Tips
Supervisor of Elections David H. Stafford today offered Escambia County voters some tips to prepare for Election Day:
- All registered Republican voters in House District 2 are eligible to vote in this closed primary. Since only one Democrat candidate qualified, there will be no Democratic primary. The Democratic candidate automatically advances to the June 11 election to face the winner of the Republican primary. All voters in House District 2 will be eligible to vote in the June 11 election, regardless of party affiliation.
- To find out if you are registered in House District 2, check your voter information card, visit EscambiaVotes.com, or call the elections office at 850-595-3900.
- Confirm the location of your polling place: check your voter information card, EscambiaVotes.com, or call 595-3900.
- If you are unsure of your registration status, check EscambiaVotes.com, or call 595-3900.
- If you need to update your address, contact us prior to Election Day so you can be directed to your proper polling location.
- Photo and signature ID is required for all voters – if you do not present an approved form of ID, you may vote a provisional ballot.
- Registration books closed on April 15 – new registrations and party changes for this election may not be made at the polls.
- You may not return your voted absentee ballot to your precinct on Election Day – it must be returned to the Elections Office by 7 p.m.
- If you requested an absentee ballot but chose not to return it and wish to vote at your polling place instead, please bring your unvoted ballot with you so it can be cancelled.
- Early voting ended Saturday – if you have not yet voted, you must go to your precinct on Election Day.
- Busiest times at the polls tend to be 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m., and 4:30 p.m. until the polls close at 7:00 p.m.
For further information, please contact us by phone at (850) 595-3900, e-mail us at [email protected] or visit EscambiaVotes.com.Published on: May 12th, 2013 00:00 - Permalink